Saturday 29 May 2010

REARING TORTOISES FOR GOOD FENG SHUI


In 2005 when my mum was very ill, I was advised by a Feng Shui master to rear 5 tortoises in the North sector of the home as she told me that the presence of tortoises would generate good feng shui for the home and its occupants.  Many Feng Shui masters believe that tortoises are bringers of great feng shui into the home. They say that keeping a live tortoise or terrapin will ensure the patriarch or the matriach will live a long life. The presence of the tortoise is also said to protect the entire family from negative changes in the surroundings and they are also said to be able to usher in wealth and prosperity.  Some Feng Shui masters say that the tortoise helps to get rid of  bad qi and deflect poison arrows or shar qi.

I followed this advice and built a pond at the North and brought back the 5 tortoises that I had reared in my house in Sitiawan.  Well, my mum's health did get better and she has kept the tortoises.  Once in a while a tortoise or two would die or would have gotten lost, we make sure that we replace them.
Last week, I brought my mum to the pet shop to buy a few more tortoises as she only had three left.  She managed to buy 3 small ones at RM6.00 each.  At present she is keeping them in a small aquarium and will only place them in the pond with the bigger tortoises when they are bigger.

No comments: